We welcome the use of our data and collections in Wikimedia projects. For example: BHL’s collections can be used as references for Wikipedia articles. BHL metadata (e.g. authors, scientific names, bibliographic references, etc.) can be used in Wikidata, Wikicite, and Wikispecies. BHL images can be uploaded to Wikicommons.
All of BHL’s collections and data are open access. Collections are either public domain or available under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA licenses. BHL makes its metadata available for public use under the CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Public Domain Dedication license.
See the links below to learn more about the types of files and data available from BHL and how to search for, download, and export this content:
- How do I search the BHL collection?
- How can I search for images in the BHL collection?
- What kind of files are available for download?
- How do I export data from BHL?
- How can I access BHL data via APIs?
- Is BHL data free to reuse?
- Can I reuse a book or image I find in BHL?
Tags: Wikipedia, Wikidata, Wikicommons, Wikicite, Wikispecies